To define the policy, limits and approvals required for expenses associated with recruiting prospective professional hires.
- Faculty Positions
- Exempt from the State Personnel Act (EPA) Professional Staff Positions
- Subject to the State Personnel Act (SPA) Department Head Level
B. Subsistence Expenses - Costs associated with lodging and meals.
Payment of travel expenses and subsistence for prospective employees coming to UNC Asheville for employment interviews are subject to the following conditions:
- Position to be filled must be a professional level position per the terms listed above.
- Reimbursements are limited to transportation and subsistence for 3 days (4 days if one is a Saturday) at the in-State rate. Additional approval may be granted for excess lodging expenses.
- No reimbursement for expenses of the families is authorized.
- Advance authorization of costs must be secured by the appropriate vice chancellor or their designee prior to the on-campus visit.
- State funds may not be used to purchase alcohol.